Xavier University Radio
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Online
Bobsleigh and Skeleton
Since the first Olympic Winter Games in 1936, Bobsleigh has been one of our key sports. Even back then, Omega served as Official Timekeeper and remains as such for both the FIBT World Cup and World Championships.
How does it work?
Depending on the start position and discipline, the position of the five corresponding light beams for intermediate timing and for the finish can be selected automatically or preselected manually. The same applies for up to four points where the speed is measured. SWISS TIMING will typically install 32 timing points, accommodating all the requirements of the different disciplines in the sport.
A countdown clock including start lights indicates the time for the start release, which is then announced with an acoustic signal. Once the two or four-man teams have pushed their sled 15m from the start gate, the start light beams are crossed and the timing is activated. After 50m and already at speeds of over 40km/h, the first intermediate, (known as the "start time") is detected by the next active light beam. This continues through each intermediate point to the finish line, all with a resolution of 1/100 of a second.
All live timing data is processed on-line. Start times, intermediate and finish data are formatted and distributed to many devices including rolling time displays, graphics control for video boards, TV graphics, printers and any other information systems.
Scope of service
- Running time displays with start lights
- Speed measurement
- TV graphics
- Virtual graphics
- tvPAINT race analysis
- Control start lights and countdown
- Course selection (light beam selection)
- Calculation results and rankings
- Speed measurement
- Control running time displays along the track.
- Creation and printing of start lists, results and World Cup rankings
- Provision of online results to the information system and scoreboard
- Live results to TV graphics and Internet.
- Production of online graphics in SD and HD
- Display of start lists, intermediate and final results
- Presentation of athletes´ information
- Provision of rankings
- Speed rankings
- Headshots video clips with ”Talking Heads”.
- InMotion, comparison of two sleds in one video (overlay).